Black Paris and Taste of France 2017
Black Paris & A Taste of France
10 Day Cultural Tour of France
Paris, Bordeaux, and Dordogne
Discover Paris, Experience Bordeaux and
Explore Josephine Baker’s Chateau
October 6 – 16, 2017
Black Paris and a Taste of France give you a cultural experience like no other. Join us in celebrating the best of Black Paris, the Bordeaux wine region, and a glimpse into the life of the legendary Josephine Baker and her former residence Chateau des Milandes. We start in Paris with a private guided bus tour that retraces the illustrious lives and achievements of Black Americans. Our tours will focus on popular areas like The Latin Quarter/St. Germain-des-Pres, Champs-Elysées and Lower Montmartre. We will relive the excitement of Black Montmartre of the 1920s and 1930s where jazz flourished alongside African art, decadence, and black entrepreneurs. We will take a private guided tour of the Black Images at the Louvre Museum and dine at a black owned restaurant. You will leave Paris with a real feel and intimate knowledge of how Black Americans lived in Paris yesterday and today.
Heading south by private, air conditioned coach, we will explore the Bordeaux region to discover world-famous vineyards, tour wine cellars, enjoy tastings and explore the old village. Our journey continues eastward to take an exclusive tour of Josephine Baker’s former home, Chateau des Milandes, which is now an awe-inspiring tribute and exhibit to her life.
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Roundtrip airfare from Dulles (IAD) to Paris (CDG) (nonstop)
- 4 nights – Paris – 4 star hotel
- Breakfast daily
- 3 nights – Bordeaux (wine region) – Hotel Sainte Catherine or similar
- 2 nights – Sarlat – Best Western Le Renoir or similar
- Private guided Best of Black Paris Tour via motorcoach
- Dinner at Petit Journal Montparnasse or similar
- Private guided tour of Black Images in the Louvre Museum
- Paris City Tour, Eiffel Tower and River Seine – 5 hours
- Bordeaux city and wine tour including tastings
- Private guided tour of Josephine Baker’s Chateau des Milandes
- All transfers, taxes, fees and service charges
Rate per person: $3750.00 based on double occupancy. Single occupancy $4800. Deposit due: $500 per person due 5/15/17.
Deposits accepted until sold out. Optional Insurance available.
Balance due: September 1, 2017. Passport required. Make checks payable to Colesville Travel. MasterCard, Visa accepted. Returned checks subject to $30 fee. Deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Suggested payment plan: $300 due 30th of each month. Not included: tips for driver and tour guides, items of a personal nature.
All Travel Arrangements Made By Colesville Travel